Words used with capital letters have the meaning given to them in the Regulations of this Online Shop.
Personal data collected by the Administrator of the Online Shop are processed in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the European Union L 119, p. 1), hereinafter referred to as: GDPR.
The Administrator of the Online Shop makes special efforts to protect the privacy and information provided to them concerning the Clients of the Online Shop. The Administrator carefully selects and applies appropriate technical measures, including those of programming and organisational nature, ensuring the protection of the processed data, in particular protecting the data against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss and destruction, unauthorized modification, as well as against their processing in violation of applicable laws.
The possibility of using the Goods and Services available on the website is not addressed to children under 16 years of age. The Administrator of personal data does not foresee the deliberate collection of data concerning children under 16 years of age.
Personal data controller
The Administrator of your personal data is:
Iwona Huzior Huzior Galeria
ul. Gustawa Daniłowskiego 47, 01-833 WARSZAWA
You can contact Administrator regarding your via:
post: ul. Gustawa Daniłowskiego 47, 01-833 Warsaw, Poland
telephone: +48 505 177 331
Purposes and legal grounds for the processing of personal data
Administrator processes your personal data for the following purposes and scope:
- taking action before entering into contract at your request (e.g. account opening), i.e. data given in the registration form in the Online Shop, i.e. e-mail address and password, gender; if the Account is registered via an external authentication service (e.g. Google+, Facebook) we collect your name and surname, and if you register when purchasing Goods, we collect your name and surname and data provided for the purpose of order processing, such as shipping address; in order to provide Services requiring to create an Account such as: order history, information on the status of order processing, we process your data provided in your Account and when purchasing Goods;
- in order to provide Services that do not require to create an Account and purchase of Goods, i.e. browsing the web pages of the Online Shop, the Goods, we process personal data concerning your activity in the Online Shop, i.e. data concerning the Goods you are browsing, data concerning the session of your device, operating system, browser, location, and a unique ID, IP address;
- in order to perform the contract of sale of the Goods (e.g. delivery of the ordered Goods), we process personal data provided by you when purchasing the Goods, such as name and surname, e-mail address, address data, payment details, and if you make a purchase through an Account, additionally established password;
- for the purpose of statistics on the use of particular functionalities available in the Online Shop, facilitating the use of the Online Shop and ensuring IT security of the Online Shop, we process personal data concerning your activity in the Online Shop and the amount of time spent on each of the subpages in the Online Shop, your search history, location, IP address, device ID, data concerning your Internet browser and operating system;
- for the purpose of establishing, enforcing and enforcing claims and defending against claims in court and other enforcement authorities, we may process your personal data provided when you purchased the Goods or created an Account and other data necessary to prove the existence of a claim or which arise from a legal requirement, court order, or other legal process;
- for the purpose of handling complaints, requests, and answering customers’ questions, we process personal data provided by you in the contact form, complaints, and requests, or in order to answer questions in another form and some personal data provided by you in your Account, as well as data concerning the order of the Goods and other Services provided by us which are the cause of complaints, complaints or requests and data contained in documents attached to the complaints, complaints and requests;
- for the purpose of marketing our Goods and Services and our customers and partners, including remarketing, we process personal data provided by you when creating and updating your Account, data concerning your activity in the Online Shop, including orders which are recorded and stored via cookies, in particular order history, search history, clicks in the Online Shop, login and registration dates, history and your activity related to our communication with you. In case of remarketing, we use data about your activity in order to reach you with our marketing messages outside the Online Shop and we use services of external suppliers for this purpose. These services consist of displaying our messages on websites other than the Online Shop. Details on this can be found in the records of Cookies;
- For the purpose of organizing contests and loyalty programs, i.e. notification of accumulated points, notification of winnings and advertising our offer, we use your personal data provided in your Account and when registering for a contest or loyalty program. Detailed information on this subject is provided each time in the terms and conditions of participation of a given contest or loyalty program;
- for market and opinion research by us or our partners, i.e. order information, your Account or Purchase Order details, e-mail address. We do not use the data collected in the course of market research and opinion polls for advertising purposes. Precise instructions are given in the information about the survey or in the place where you enter your data.
Categories of personal data concerned
The controller of personal data shall process the following categories of relevant personal data:
- contact details;
- data concerning the activity in the Online Shop;
- data concerning orders in the Online Shop;
- data on complaints and requests;
- data on marketing services.
Voluntary provision of personal data
Providing the required personal data is voluntary and constitutes a condition for the provision of services by the Administrator of personal data through the Online Shop.
Time of data processing
Personal data will be processed for the period necessary for the execution of orders, services, marketing activities and other services provided to the Customer. Personal data will be deleted in the following cases:
- when the data subject requests their deletion or withdraws their consent;
- when the data subject does not take action for more than 10 years (contact inactive);
- after being informed that the stored data are outdated or inaccurate.
Some data, such as e-mail address, name and surname, may be stored for further 3 years for the purpose of evidence, complaint handling, and claims related to the services provided by the Online Shop – these data will not be used for marketing purposes.
Data regarding orders for Goods and paid services, contests and loyalty programs will be stored for a period of 5 years from the date of delivery of the order.
We store data on non-logged customers for a period of time corresponding to the life cycle of cookies stored on the devices or until they are deleted from the customer’s device by the customer.
Your personal data concerning preferences, behavior and choice of marketing content may be used as a basis for making automated decisions in order to determine the sales opportunities of the Online Store.
Recipients of personal data
We pass on your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- state authorities, e.g. prosecutor’s office, police, PUODO, President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, if they ask us to do so,
- service providers, which we use while running the Online Shop, e.g. for the purpose of order fulfillment. Depending on the contractual arrangements and circumstances, these entities either act on our behalf or determine the purposes and ways of processing them themselves. You will find a list of suppliers on the website of our Online Shop under the link: ………….
Rights of the data subject
On the basis of the GDPR you are entitled to:
- request access to your personal data;
- request the rectification of your personal data;
- demand the deletion of your personal data;
- demand that the processing of personal data be limited;
- object to the processing of personal data;
- demand the transfer of personal data.
The personal data controller shall, without undue delay – and in any case within one month from the receipt of the request – provide you with information on actions taken in relation to the request submitted by you. If necessary, the monthly deadline may be extended by another two months due to the complexity of the request or the number of requests.
In any case, the Administrator of personal data will inform you about such an extension within one month from receipt of the request, stating the reasons for the delay.
Right of access to personal data (Article 15 of the GDPR)
You have the right to obtain information from the Administrator whether your personal data is being processed.
If the Administrator processes your personal data, you have the right to:
- access to personal data;
- information about the purposes of processing, categories of personal data processed, recipients or categories of recipients of such data, the planned period of storage of your data or the criteria for determining this period, about your rights under the GDPR and about the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, about the source of such data, about automated decision making, including profiling and about the safeguards applied in connection with the transfer of such data outside the European Union;
- obtain a copy of your personal data.
If you wish to request access to your personal data, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right of rectification of personal data (Article 16 of the GDPR)
If your personal data is incorrect, you have the right to request the Administrator to correct your personal data immediately.
You also have the right to request the Administrator to supplement your personal data.
If you wish to request that your personal data be corrected or supplemented, please send your request to the following address: email@example.com.
If you have registered in the Online Shop, you can correct and complete your personal data yourself after logging in to the Online Shop.
The right to delete personal data, the so-called “right to be forgotten”. (Article 17 of the GDPR)
You have the right to request the Administrator to delete your personal data when:
- your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you have withdrawn a specific consent to process your personal data;
- your personal data has been unlawfully processed;
- you have objected to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing, including profiling, to the extent that the processing of personal data is related to direct marketing;
- you have objected to the processing of your personal data in connection with the processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the processing necessary for purposes arising from legitimate interests carried out by the Administrator of personal data or a third party.
Despite the request to delete personal data, the Administrator of personal data may further process your data for the purpose of determining, asserting or defending claims, about which you will be informed.
If you wish to request the deletion of your personal data, please send your request to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to demand that the processing of personal data be restricted (art. 18 of the GDPR)
You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data when:
- you question the correctness of your personal data – the personal data controller will limit the processing of your personal data for the time allowing you to check the correctness of these data;
- the processing of your data is illegal, and instead of deleting your personal data, you will demand that the processing of your personal data be limited;
- your personal data are no longer needed for processing purposes, but they are needed to establish, assert or defend your claims;
- if you have objected to the processing of your personal data – until it is determined whether the legitimate interests of the Administrator of personal data take precedence over the grounds indicated in your objection.
If you wish to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data, please send your request to the following address: email@example.com.
Right to object to the processing of personal data (Article 21 of the GDPR)
You have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data, including profiling, in connection with:
- processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or processing necessary for purposes resulting from legitimate interests carried out by the Administrator of personal data or a third party;
- processing for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to object to the processing of your personal data, please send your request to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to request the transfer of personal data (Article 20 of the GDPR)
You have the right to receive your personal data from the Administrator in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and send it to another personal data controller.
You may also request that the controller sends your personal data directly to another controller (if technically possible).
If you wish to request the transfer of your personal data, please send your request to the following address: email@example.com.
Right to withdraw consent
You can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
Withdrawal of consent to the processing of personal data does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the appropriate functionalities in your Account.
Complaint to the supervisory authority
If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place where the alleged violation was committed.
In Poland, the supervisory authority within the meaning of the GDPR is the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data (PUODO).
While browsing the website of the Online Shop, “cookie” files are used, hereinafter referred to as Cookies, i.e. small text information that is stored on your device in connection with the use of the Online Shop. Their use is aimed at the proper functioning of the web pages of the Online Shop.
These files allow to identify the software used by you and adjust the Online Shop individually to your needs.
Cookies usually contain the name of the domain from which they originate, their storage time on the device and the assigned value.
The cookies we use are safe for your devices. In particular, it is not possible for viruses or other unwanted software or malicious software to enter your devices through cookies.
Types of Cookies
We use two types of cookies:
- Session Cookies: they are stored on your device and remain there until the end of the session of your browser. The stored information is then permanently deleted from the memory of your device. The session Cookies mechanism does not allow the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from your device.
- Persistent Cookies: they are stored on your device and remain there until they are deleted. Ending a browser session or turning off the device does not remove it from your device. The persistent cookie mechanism does not allow for the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from your device.
We also use third-party cookies for the following purposes:
- configuration of the Online Shop;
- Trusted Shops GmbH with its registered office in Cologne (50823) at Subbelrather Strasse 15c, entered in the Commercial Register maintained by the District Court in Cologne, Germany, under number 32735, with EU VAT number: DE 812 947 877, in order to examine the satisfaction of customers with the purchase or provide buyer protection.
- to present and express an opinion on the website of the external website Ceneo.pl, the administrator of which is Ceneo.pl sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Poznań, Cookies Policy available under the following link: http://info.ceneo.pl/polityka_plikow_cookies.
- Skąpiec Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Wrocław, ul. Powstańców Śląskich 2-4, 53-33, entered into the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register by the District Court for Wrocław-Fabryczna in Wrocław, 6th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000412961, with share capital: 100,000.00 PLN, with Tax Identification Number NIP 8971781582 and REGON number 021834370.
Cookies may be used by advertising networks, particularly Google, to display ads tailored to your preferences. For this purpose, we may store information about how you use the website or how long you use the website.
To view and edit information about your preferences collected by Google’s advertising network, you can use the tool at https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
By using your browser settings or by configuring the service, you can change the settings for cookies at any time, setting the conditions under which cookies are stored and accessed by cookies on your device. You can change these settings so that you can block the automatic handling of cookies in your browser settings or be informed when they are saved on your device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of using Cookies is available in the settings of your software (web browser).
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ONLINE SHOP – www.huzior.pl
I. General provisions
These Terms and Conditions define the general terms and conditions, the manner of rendering services by electronic means and sales conducted through the Online Shop www.huzior.pl. The shop is run by Iwona HUZIOR conducting business activity under the name IWONA HUZIOR HUZIOR GALERIA entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the Central Register and Information on Business Activity kept by the Minister of Enterprise and Technology at the address ul. Gustawa Daniłowskiego 47, 01-833 Warszawa NIP:5271722469 REGON:012422482, hereinafter referred to as the Seller.
You can get in touch with the Seller:
- via e-mail email@example.com;
- under number +48 505 177 331.
These Terms and Conditions are continuously available on the website www.HUZIOR.pl, in a manner enabling its content to be obtained, reproduced and recorded by printing or storing it on a carrier at any time.
The Seller informs that the use of services provided by electronic means may be associated with a threat on the part of each Internet user, consisting in the possibility of introducing harmful software into the Customer’s IT system and obtaining and modifying its data by unauthorized persons. In order to avoid the risk of threats, the Customer should apply appropriate technical measures to minimize their occurrence, in particular antivirus programs and firewalls.
Terms used in this Regulations mean:
- Working days – these are days from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays;
- Customer – a natural person who has full legal capacity, a natural person running a business, a legal person or an organizational unit that is not a legal person, to whom special regulations grant legal capacity, who places an Order in the Online Shop or uses other Services available in the Online Shop;
- Civil Code – the Act of 23 April 1964. (Journal of Laws No. 16, item 93 with amendments);
- Account – a part of the Online Shop allocated to a given Customer, by means of which the Customer may carry out specific activities within the Online Shop;
- Consumer – a Customer who is a consumer within the meaning of Article 22 of the Civil Code;
- Entrepreneur – a Customer who is an entrepreneur within the meaning of Article 43 of the Civil Code;
- Regulations – this document;
- Goods – a product presented in the Online Shop, the description of which is available for each of the presented products;
- Sales contract – a contract for the sale of Goods within the meaning of the Civil Code, concluded between the Seller and the Customer;
- Services – services provided by the Seller to Customers by electronic means within the meaning of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of services by electronic means (Journal of Laws No. 144, item 1204, with amendments);
- Act on Consumer Rights – Act of 30 May 2014 on Consumer Rights (Journal of Laws 2014, No. 827);
- Act on Provision of Electronic Services – Act of 18 July 2002 on Provision of Electronic Services (Journal of Laws No. 144, item 1204, with amendments);
- Order – a declaration of will of the Customer, aiming directly at the conclusion of the Sales Agreement, specifying in particular the type and number of Goods.
III Rules of using the Online Shop
The use of the Online Shop is possible provided that the ICT system used by the Customer meets the following minimum technical requirements:
- a computer or mobile device with Internet access,
- access to e-mail,
- Internet Explorer version 11 or later, Firefox version 28.0 or later, Chrome version 32 or later, Opera version 12.17 or later, Safari version 1.1 or later,
The use of the Online Shop means any activity of the Customer which leads to his or her becoming familiar with the contents of the Shop.
The Customer is in particular obliged:
- not to provide or transmit content prohibited by law, e.g. content promoting violence, defamatory or violating the personal rights and other rights of third parties,
- to use the Online Shop in a manner that does not interfere with its functioning, in particular through the use of specific software or devices,
- not to take any action such as: sending or posting unsolicited commercial information (spam) in the Online Shop,
- to use the Online Shop in a manner that is not burdensome for other Customers and the Seller,
- to use any content posted on the Online Shop only for personal use,
- to use the Online Shop in a manner consistent with the provisions of the law in force in the territory of the Republic of Poland, the provisions of the Terms and Conditions, as well as with the general principles of using the Internet.
The Seller makes it possible to use free Services via the Online Shop, which are provided by the Seller 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Service of maintaining an Account in the Online Shop is available after registration. Registration takes place by filling in and accepting the registration form available on one of the websites of the Online Shop. The agreement for the provision of services consisting of maintaining an Account in the Online Shop is concluded for an indefinite period of time and is terminated at the moment when the Customer sends a request to remove the Account or to use the “Delete Account” button.
The Seller has the right to organize occasional contests and special offers, the terms and conditions of which will always be given on the Shop’s website. Multiple discounts in the Online Shop do not apply for one product, unless the Regulations of a given offer state otherwise.
In the event of violation of the provisions of these Regulations by the Customer, the Seller, after a previous unsuccessful call for cessation or removal of violations, with an appropriate deadline, may terminate the contract for the provision of Services with 14 days’ notice.
V Procedure for concluding a Sales Agreement
Information about the Goods available in the Online Shop, in particular their descriptions, technical and functional parameters and prices, constitute an invitation to conclude the Agreement, within the meaning of Article 71 of the Civil Code.
All Goods available in the Online Shop are brand new, free from physical and legal defects and have been legally introduced to the Polish market.
The condition for placing an Order is to have an active e-mail account.
In the case of placing an Order via the form available on the website of the Online Shop, the Order is submitted to the Seller by the Customer in electronic form and constitutes an offer to conclude a Sales Agreement for the Goods being the subject of the Order. An offer made in electronic form shall be binding on the Customer if the Seller sends a confirmation of acceptance of the Order to the e-mail address provided by the Customer, which constitutes the Seller’s declaration of acceptance of the Customer’s offer and at the moment of its receipt by the Customer the Sales Agreement is concluded.
The sales agreement is concluded in Polish, with the content in accordance with the Regulations.
Delivery of the Goods is limited to the territory of the European Union to the address indicated by the Customer when placing the Order.
The Customer may choose the following forms of delivery of the ordered Goods:
- by courier company;
- by post;
- delivered to a Paczkomat;
- own transport of the Seller;
- personal collection at a point specified by the Seller.
The Seller informs the Customer on the Shop’s website in the description of the Goods about the number of Working Days needed to complete the Order and its delivery, as well as about the cost of the delivery of the Goods.
The date of delivery and realization of the Order is counted in Working Days in accordance with VII (2).
The Seller, in accordance with the Client’s will, shall deliver a receipt or an invoice covering the delivered Goods together with the Goods.
If there are different delivery periods for the Goods covered by one Order, the longest period shall apply to the whole Order.
VII Prices and payment methods
Prices of the Goods are given in Polish złoty and include all components, including VAT, duties and other fees.
The Customer may choose between the following payment methods:
- bank transfer to the bank account of the Seller (in this case, the execution of the Order will start after the Seller sends the Customer a confirmation of acceptance of the Order, and shipment will be commenced immediately after receipt of funds to the bank account of the Seller and completion of the Order);
- in cash upon receipt of Goods – payment at the collection point (in this case, the Order shall be executed immediately after the Seller sends the Customer a confirmation of Order acceptance, and the Goods shall be handed over at the collection point);
- in cash on delivery, paid to the supplier at the time of delivery (in this case, the execution of the Order and its dispatch shall commence after the Seller has sent the Customer a confirmation of acceptance of the Order and completing the Order);
- electronic payment (in this case the execution of the Order will start after the Seller sends the Customer a confirmation of acceptance of the Order and after the Seller receives information from the settlement agent system about the payment made by the Customer, and the shipment will be made immediately after the completion of the Order);
The Seller informs the Customer on the Shop’s website of the date when which he is obliged to pay for the Order. In the event of non-payment by the Customer within the period referred to in the previous sentence, the Seller, after a prior unsuccessful call for payment with the setting of an appropriate period, may withdraw from the Agreement pursuant to Article 491 of the Civil Code.
VIII Entitlement to withdraw from the Contract
A Customer who is a Consumer may withdraw from the Agreement without giving a reason by submitting an appropriate statement within 14 days. In order to meet this deadline, it is sufficient to send the declaration before its expiry.
The Customer may formulate a statement independently or use the model declaration of withdrawal from the Agreement, which constitutes Attachment No. 1 to the Regulations.
The 14-day period starts from the day on which the Goods were delivered or, in the case of an Agreement for the provision of Services, from the day of its conclusion.
Upon receipt of the declaration of withdrawal from the Agreement by the Consumer, the Seller shall send a confirmation of receipt of the declaration of withdrawal from the Agreement to the Consumer’s e-mail address.
The right to withdraw from the Contract by the Consumer is excluded in the following cases:
- provision of services; if the Seller has fully performed the service with the expressed consent of the Consumer, who was informed before the commencement of performance, that after the performance by the Seller the will lose the right to withdraw from the Contract;
- An agreement in which the price or remuneration depends on fluctuations in the financial market, over which the Seller does not exercise control, and which may occur before the expiry of the deadline for withdrawal from the Agreement;
- Contract in which the subject of performance are Non-prefabricated Goods, produced according to the Consumer’s specifications or serving to satisfy their individual needs;
- Contract in which the subject of performance are Goods subject to rapid deterioration or having a short shelf life;
- Contract in which the subject of performance are Goods delivered in sealed packaging, which cannot be returned after opening for health protection or hygienic reasons, if the packaging has been opened after delivery;
- A contract in which the subject-matter of performance are Goods which, by their nature, are inseparably combined with other items after delivery;
- A contract for alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed upon at the time of the conclusion of the Sale Contract, which can only be delivered after 30 days and whose value depends on fluctuations in the market, over which the Seller has no control;
- A contract in which the Consumer has expressly requested the Seller to come to him for urgent repair or maintenance; if the Seller provides services other than those which the Consumer has requested, or supplies Goods other than replacement parts necessary for the performance of repair or maintenance;
The right to withdraw from the Contract by the Consumer is excluded for:
- a contract for the provision of audio or visual recordings or computer programs supplied in sealed packaging if the packaging has been opened after delivery; the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of:
- Subscription agreements;
- Contract concluded through a public auction;
- Contracts for the provision of accommodation other than for residential purposes, transport of Goods, car rental, catering, leisure, entertainment, sporting or cultural events, if the contract specifies the date or period of provision of the service;
- Contracts for the supply of digital content, which are not recorded on a tangible medium, if the performance commenced with the express consent of the Consumer before the expiry of the deadline for withdrawal from the Contract and after the Seller has informed him of the loss of the right to withdraw from the Contract.
In the case of withdrawal from the Agreement concluded at a distance, the Agreement is considered not concluded. What the parties have provided shall be returned in the unchanged state, unless the change was necessary in order to determine the nature, features and functionality of the Goods. The return should take place immediately, not later than within 14 days. The purchased Goods should be returned to the address of the Seller.
The Seller shall immediately, but not later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the Consumer’s declaration on withdrawal from the Contract, reimburse the Consumer for all payments made by him, including the costs of delivery of the Goods. The Seller shall return the payment using the same method of payment used by the Consumer, unless the Consumer consents to another method of return, and this method shall not entail any cost for the Consumer. The Seller may withhold the return of payments received from the Customer until the receipt of the item back or provision by the Customer of proof of its return, whichever occurs first, unless the Seller has offered to collect the item from the Customer themselves.
If the Consumer has chosen a method of delivery of the Goods other than the cheapest ordinary delivery method offered by the Seller, the Seller shall not be obliged to reimburse the Consumer for any additional costs incurred by him.
The Customer bears only the direct cost of returning the Goods, unless the Seller agreed to bear this cost.
IX Complaints concerning the Goods under warranty
The Seller undertakes to deliver the Goods without defects.
The Seller shall be liable to the Customer who is a Consumer on account of warranty for defects in accordance with the principles specified in art. 556 – 576 of the Civil Code. In relation to Customers who are Entrepreneurs, the warranty is excluded.
Complaints resulting from the violation of the rights of the Customer guaranteed by law or under these Regulations, should be addressed to Iwona HUZIOR. HUZIOR GALERIA, at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone number +48 505 177 331.
In order to consider the complaint, the Client should send or deliver the Goods they complained about, if possible by attaching a proof of purchase to it. The Goods should be delivered or sent to the address indicated in point. 3.
The Seller shall answer each complaint within 14 days.
In the event of any deficiencies in the complaint, the Seller shall call upon the Customer to supplement it to the necessary extent immediately, but no later than within 7 days from the date of receipt of the call by the Customer.
X Complaints concerning the provision of electronic services
The Customer may submit complaints to the Seller in connection with the functioning of the Shop and the use of the Services. Complaints can be submitted in writing to the address: Iwona HUZIOR. HUZIOR GALERIA, at the following e-mail address: email@example.com , telephone number +48 505 177 331.
In the complaint, the Customer should state their name and surname, address for correspondence, type and description of the problem.
The Seller shall answer each complaint within 14 days, and if this is not possible, inform the Customer within this period, when the complaint will be answered. In case of shortages in the complaint, the Seller will call on the Customer to supplement it to the necessary extent within 7 days from the date of receipt of the request by the Customer.
The guarantee for the Goods may be granted by the manufacturer, Seller or importer.
In the case of the Goods covered by the guarantee, information concerning the existence and content of the guarantee and the time for which it was granted is presented in each case in the description of the Goods on the Shop’s website.
XII Out-of-court methods of resolving complaints and pursuing claims
The Customer who is a Consumer has, among other things, the following possibilities to make use of out-of-court complaint handling and claims assertion methods:
- they are entitled to apply to the amicable consumer court of the Commercial Inspection for settlement of a dispute arising from the concluded Sales Agreement;
- they are entitled to apply to the regional inspector of the Commercial Inspectorate for the initiation of mediation proceedings in the case of an amicable settlement of a dispute between the Customer and the Seller;
- they may obtain free assistance in resolving a dispute between the Customer and the Seller, also using the free assistance of a regional spokesman for consumers or a social organization whose statutory tasks include consumer protection (e.g. the Federation of Consumers, Polish Consumer Association). Advice is provided by the Federation of Consumers at the free consumer helpline 800 007 707 and by the Association of Polish Consumers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- file a complaint via the EU ODR Internet platform, which is available under the following address: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
XIII Personal data protection
XIV Final provisions
All rights to the Online Shop, including copyrights, intellectual property rights to its name, domain name, website of the Online Shop, as well as forms, logotypes belong to the Seller, and can only be used in the manner specified and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
Settlement of any disputes arising between the Seller and the Customer, who is a Consumer, shall be submitted to the competent courts in accordance with the provisions of the applicable provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
Settlement of any disputes arising between the Seller and the Customer who is the Entrepreneur shall be submitted to the court having jurisdiction over the seat of the Seller.
In matters not regulated by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the provisions of the Act on the Provision of Electronic Services, the provisions of the Act on Consumer Rights and other relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply.
Each Customer shall be informed of any changes to these Regulations by means of information on the main page of the Online Shop containing a list of changes and the date of their entry into force. Customers with an Account shall additionally be informed about the changes together with a list of changes to the e-mail address indicated by them. The date of entry into force of the changes shall not be shorter than 14 days from the date of their announcement. If the Customer holding a Customer Account does not accept the new content of the Regulations, he is obliged to notify the Seller of this fact within 14 days from the date of notification of changes in the Regulations. Notification of the Seller about the lack of acceptance of the new content of the Terms and Conditions shall result in termination of the Agreement.